Alcott Elementary School teacher Jennifer Kuehnle won the STAR 101.5 Elementary Teacher of the Week award.
June 23, 2017
Dear Mark Twain Families,
I wanted to thank you for your hard work and support in making Mark Twain Elementary a great place to learn and work.Can you believe the year is over, it feels as though it was just yesterday that we were welcoming everyone for an exciting school year.Thank you to our generous PTSA, to all the families who volunteered their time and for allowing us to be a part of your child’s educational experience.If this is your final year at Mark Twain because your student is moving onto the middle school or you are leaving the area, please be sure to come visit and keep us posted on how your student is doing.If you are returning in September, have a safe, adventure-filled summer.
Here is some information to help you get ready for next school year:
- Next year’s class lists have been completed pending any staffing or enrollment changes that may occur over summer.Our staff has spent a great deal of time creating balanced classes and we appreciate your confidence and support in our placement process.Again this year, your student’s new classroom teacher will send each student a welcome letter via email by 4:00 PM on Thursday, August 31, 2017.
- Starting at 11:00-12:00 we will have an informal meet and greet on Friday, September 1st, so students can visit their classroom and meet their teacher. Teachers will still be in the process of setting-up their classrooms and will not have time for individual student/parent conferences, however, we feel it is important that students, parents, and staff briefly “meet and greet” prior to school starting.
- Also on Friday, September 1st, as part of Meet and Greet, the 5th Grade Committee will be hosting a fundraising event from 11:00am-1:00pm.Hope to see you there!
- During the summer, the SLC district summer program is scheduled to use our building from July 6th thru August 2nd.We will be getting new Gym/Cafeteria floor and our custodians will also be busy with routine maintenance and cleaning projects.
- The office will reopen on Tuesday, August 22nd.The hours will be 8:00AM - 3:00PM Monday through Friday.
- The first day of school for grades 1-5 is Tuesday, September 5th and the first day for Kindergarten students will be Monday, September 11. A separate letter to kindergarten families will be mailed providing specific information.
- A copy of the 2017-18 school supply list is accompanying this letter and can also be found on our website.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer and thank you again for making Twain Elementary an outstanding school for our students and for making my time here fulfilling and memorable.
Craig D. Mott